(PDF) Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing by Alfred I. Tauber

top フォーラム メンバー募集用BBS (PDF) Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing by Alfred I. Tauber

このトピックには1件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。3 年、 4 ヶ月前 sound-weib さんが最後の更新を行いました。

2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #1521 返信

Apostle Seaman

Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing
    by Alfred I. Tauber

? Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing • CLICK HERE ?

• Publisher: University of California Press
    • Genres: philosophy
    • ISBN: 9780520239159 (0520239156)
    • Characters: Henry David Thoreau
    • Format: paperback, 328 pages
    • Author: Alfred I. Tauber
    • Language: english
    • Release date: May 1, 2003

About The Book

In his graceful philosophical account, Alfred I. Tauber shows why Thoreau still seems so relevant today — more relevant in many respects than he seemed to his contemporaries. Although Thoreau has been skillfully and thoroughly examined as a writer, naturalist, mystic, historian, social thinker, Transcendentalist, and lifelong student, we may find in Tauber’s portrait of Thoreau the moralist a characterization that binds all these aspects of his career together.

Thoreau was caught at a critical turn in the history of science, between the ebb of Romanticism and the rising tide of positivism. He responded to the challenges posed by the new ideal of objectivity not by rejecting the scientific worldview, but by humanizing it for himself. Tauber portrays Thoreau as a man whose moral vision guided his life’s work. Each of Thoreau’s projects reflected a self-proclaimed “metaphysical ethics,” an articulated program of self-discovery and self-knowing. By writing, by combining precision with poetry in his naturalist pursuits and simplicity with mystical fervor in his daily activity, Thoreau sought to live a life of virtue — one he would characterize as marked by deliberate choice. This unique vision of human agency and responsibility will still seem fresh and contemporary to readers at the start of the twenty-first century.

TXT Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing by Alfred I. Tauber read online. Hardback ebook Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing download for iOS on Book Depository. Paperback book Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing Kindle on IndieBound. MP3 book Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing Alfred I. Tauber buy cheap.

FictionBook ebook Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing. PDF Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing by Alfred I. Tauber download on Mac on Powells. MOBI Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing buy. Online book Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing Alfred I. Tauber read iPhone on Books-a-Million.

#1525 返信

sound-weib

Fault-Tolerant Systems – Israel Koren – 9780120885251

2件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 2件目 (全2件中)
返信先: (PDF) Henry David Thoreau and the Moral Agency of Knowing by Alfred I. Tauber
あなたの情報: