• Release date: July 3, 1996
    • Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 292 pages
    • ISBN: 9780791429242 (0791429245)
    • Genres: philosophy, religion
    • Publisher: State University of New York Press
    • Author: Jonathan R. Herman

About The Book

“Through competent scholarship, insightful interpretation, and masterful understanding of the present dialogue on hermeneutics, it brings Buber’s book on Chuang Tzu into sinology and sinology via this book into the understanding and interpretation of Buber. No one else has ever tackled bringing these three fields — Sinology, Buber scholarship, and comparative mysticism — into meaningful interrelation and dialogue.” — Maurice Friedman, author of Martin Buber’s Life and Work

“The best thing is the depth and breadth of his discussion of hermeneutic issues. Herman is very well read both in theoretical hermeneutics and in sinological literature on the Chuang Tzu, and he has thought carefully through the main methodological issues related to his task. His discussion of the relation between unitive/escapist and ‘intraworldly’ mysticism in the Chuang Tzu is a great contribution.” — Michael LaFargue, University of Massachusetts, Boston

“Buber’s approach to Taoism is not primarily that of the scholar, but of the practitioner of philosophia perennis. And since Buber holds a prominent place in twentieth-century religious history, his appropriation of the Chuang Tzu is an important subject. Herman, to his credit, has not stood in Buber’s path, but has allowed him to speak for himself.

“His treatment of textual reconstruction, interpretation, and reception in the hermeneutic chapters adds a great deal to these topics that is valuable quite apart from the specific text he addresses.” — David L. Hall

Online I and Tao read online on Books-a-Million. TXT ebook I and Tao by Jonathan R. Herman buy for Android. FB2 book I and Tao Jonathan R. Herman on Dymocks. Hardcover I and Tao download PocketBook. FictionBook ebook I and Tao by Jonathan R. Herman read on iPad on Bookshop.

MOBI book I and Tao buy cheap. EPUB book I and Tao Jonathan R. Herman download iPhone. Hardback I and Tao on IndieBound. Paperback ebook I and Tao read for PC. MP3 I and Tao Jonathan R. Herman download on Barnes & Noble.

PDF ebook I and Tao by Jonathan R. Herman buy cheap on Kindle on Audible. Paperback book I and Tao. FictionBook book I and Tao read online on Amazon. Hardcover I and Tao Jonathan R. Herman buy on Mac. Online ebook I and Tao by Jonathan R. Herman iOS.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: I and Tao – MOBI download
あなたの情報: