このトピックには1件の返信が含まれ、1人の参加者がいます。10 ヶ月、 2 週間前に sound-weib さんが最後の更新を行いました。
2020年12月3日 7:10 PM #2712
Life Histories of North American Birds of Prey, Part Two
by Arthur Cleveland Bent
- Publisher: Dover Publications
- ISBN: 9780486209326 (0486209326)
- Language: english
- Release date: June 28, 1961
- Format: paperback, 482 pages
- Author: Arthur Cleveland Bent
About The Book
Excerpt from Life Histories of North American Birds of Prey, Vol. 2: Orders Falconiformes and Strigiformes
This is the eleventh in a series of bulletins of the United States National Museum on the life histories of North American birds. Previous numbers have been issued as follows:
107. Life Histories of North American Diving Birds, August 1, 1919.
113. Life Histories of North American Gulls and Terns, August 27, 1921.
121. Life Histories of North American Petrels and Pelicans and their Allies, October 19, 1922.
126. Life Histories of North American Wild Fowl (part), May 25, 1923.
130. Life Histories of North American Wild Fowl (part), June 27, 1925.
135. Life Histories of North American Marsh Birds, March 11, 1927.
142. Life Histories of North American Shore Birds (pt. 1), December 31, 1927.
146. Life Histories of North American Shore Birds (pt. 2), March 24, 1929.
162. Life Histories of North American Gallinaceous Birds, May 25, 1932.
167. Life Histories of North American Birds of Prey (pt. 1), May 3, 1937.
The same general plan has been followed, as explained in previous bulletins, and the same sources of information have been utilized. The nomenclature of the 1931 Check-List of the American Ornithologists’ Union has been followed, but it has seemed best to continue in the same order of arrangement of families and species as given in the 1910 check-list.
An attempt has been made to give as full a life history as possible of the best-known subspecies of each species and to avoid duplication by writing briefly of the others and giving only the characters of the subspecies, its range, and any habits peculiar to it. In many cases certain habits, probably common to the species as a whole, have been recorded for only one subspecies; such habits are mentioned under the subspecies on which the observations were made. The distribution gives the range of the species as a whole, with only rough outlines of the ranges of the subspecies, which in many eases cannot be accurately defined.
The egg dates are the condensed results of a mass of records taken from the data in a large number of the best egg collections in the country, as well as from contributed field notes and from a few published sources. They indicate the dates on which eggs have been actually found in various parts of the country, showing the earliest and latest dates and the limits between which half the dates fall, the height of the season.
The plumages are described in only enough detail to enable the reader to trace the sequence of molts and plumages from birth to maturity and to recognize the birds in the different stages and at the different seasons. No attempt has been made to describe fully the adult plumages; this has been well done already in the many manuals.
MOBI ebook Life Histories of North American Birds of Prey, Part Two Arthur Cleveland Bent read. Hardcover Life Histories of North American Birds of Prey, Part Two on Mac on Books-a-Million. FictionBook book Life Histories of North American Birds of Prey, Part Two by Arthur Cleveland Bent download iPad on Powells.2020年12月3日 8:13 PM #2722
R.G. Collingwood: A Philosophy of Art — Aaron Ridley — 9780753805275